2018 Work Camp Information & Meeting schedule
Mon Jan 8 714pm Interest Meeting, Teens, Parents and Prospective Adult Leaders, Meet in the Well
Fri Jan 26 900am-1200pm Teen Retreat
Sun Feb 4 200pm-400pm Meeting, Deposit and Forms due
A No CYM day due to Super Bowl
Sat/Sun Weekend Nail Drive – Fundraiser
March 3, 4 Teen/Adult Leaders Must cover 5 of the 6 Masses
Sat 530pm, Sunday 730, 900, 1100, 1245, 530
Mon April 16 Service Project
Fri May 18 Meeting
Fri June 15 Pre Departure Meeting for Participants and Family members
Work Camp Interest Meeting – Things to Consider
Work Camp Interest Meeting
Monday January 8, 7:14pm, the Well
This service ministry is for students currently in grades 9-12.
Interest meeting is for New and Experienced work campers – and parents must attend.
Dates: June 17-22
Location: Louisville KY
Cost: $90 Non-Refundable Registration Fee (payable by credit card or check)
$425 Camp Fee – not refundable after April 1 (same)
Things to Consider:
– There are 6 times that we meet not counting the interest meeting. Please review your home/school/personal calendars as all meetings and events are required.
– I have reviewed the FCPS calendar to maximize our time together
– Attendance at all formation meetings and events is required for teens and adult leaders.
– No cell phones allowed once on the bus (new this year)
– All participants must wear appropriate length shorts (minimum 5 inch inseam) at all times – no exceptions. Work pants are highly recommended to protect legs
– Work boots not required but highly recommended
– Have a food allergy, talk with Ms. Ingrid
– We return after program on Thursday night
- Location info http://heartworkcamp.com/dates/louisville-ky/
- FAQs http://heartworkcamp.com/f-a-q-s/
- What does CHWC offer in this experience http://heartworkcamp.com/about/
Expectations and Considerations:
– Do you want to be the hands and feet of Jesus working with the poor?
– Can you give up, sacrifice, your needs for the good of the group and those you will be serving?
– Can you make this process a priority in your schedule?
– We need faithful, flexible, hard-working youth minister adults to join us in this journey. The number of adults determines the number of teens that can go.
– Adults also follow the formation schedule and attend all meetings/events with teens.
This should give you a head-start as you begin to consider this opportunity.
Please begin to pray about it and talk with your family about how the process will work in your schedule.